Sunday, June 8, 2008

My new 3-5 day theory


I think I have found a secret to help me survive motherhood. I feel like if I can survive 3-5 days, of what may seem like pure torture, my kids eventually give up, give in, and move on with life. When I tried to get the kids to sleep through the night after about 5 sleepless nights full of screaming while the kids "cried it out" they were trained to sleep through the night. 3 tough days after Parkers binky was taken away he forgot about it. 3 days of not so fun potty training then on day 4 Parker tells me "mom poop, he then went to the bathroom and pooped and peed" I felt like giving up on day 3, but held strong and now my Parker wears underwear and stays dry almost all the time. I am not sure what the next milestone we will be trying to overcome, but 3-5 days later I am pretty sure the torture will be over. ***

***I would just like to say Parker still isn't 100% with the pottying in the toilet, unless I remind him he will forget to use the potty. I wanted him to be potty trained so bad though, I could care less if I have to clean up a mess every now and again.

4 comments:

Amber said...

yea Parker!

Thanks for the awesome reminder that hard work pays off after just a few days. Sometimes it doesn't seem worth it to potty train, but 3-5 days is not so long. Maybe we will give it another go round :)

Sean & Kendra said...

Way to go Kristie getting Parker potty trained. And way to go Parker for doing it!

Dick&Erica said...

this gives me hope for potty training ella...someday.

April said...

Yay Parker!! I admit I am slightly jealous. I can't wait for Addie to potty train, but I'm waiting until we're back from our summer travels to really start trying. Thanks, also, for the 3-5 day theory, I really needed that tonight!