Last Thursday some of my best friends flew in for a visit. We have been friends since elementary, we survived elementary, junior high and high school together and we all still like each other. It is amazing we are all still such good friends. Our lives have all taken us down different paths, but no matter how long it has been since we have seen each other when we get together we always have a blast. Not everyone from the group could come, but I was so happy Tina, Corinne and Katy could take time from their busy lives to come for a visit.

We went to the botanical gardens, it was very pretty. Doesn't McKenzie look like she is having a blast?

I love this picture no matter how hard Corinne tries to stay serious, she always cracks up. She is supposed to be crying in defeat from loosing the arm wrestle.

Corinne Tina and Katy just chillin.

Parker's favorite part of the garden were the fountains. There were tons of them and he tried to touch the water in all of them.

They had a petting zoo at the garden while we were there. Parker was terrified of the animals. They had the cutest baby goat that was only a couple days/weeks old that walked up to Parker. Parker started screaming and crying, I felt so bad for the kid.

On the way home we stopped at Duffs for some Wings. When you live in Buffalo they are called wings because they are from here. Every where else you have to call them Buffalo Wings.

Thanks to my wonderful husband who stayed home with the kids I got to be worry free and just enjoy my friends while we went to Niagara Falls.

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Sheraton that overlooked the falls and were hoping to be able to see the lights on the falls from the dining room. We had all finished our dinner but kept pretending to eat so we didn't have to leave. Finally we gave up, payed and left. We walked around the tourist stuff, still no lights. I kept trying to think of things to do(despite the many comments that were said about not caring about seeing the falls with the lights on) I refused to take them home until they saw the lights. We finally made a deal: they would wait until 8:31 if I would dance and entertain them until then. As if I had done the magic light dance at exactly 8:31 the lights turned on. You guys know you are glad I made you stay.

Sunday we took a relaxing day. We played cards, watched conference then after dinner I just sat back and enjoyed. Katy took care of Parker.

Say was nice enough to vacuum the house.

Ste took care of Kenzie.

Anthony cleaned the dishes. I didn't have anything to do, so I decided to take some pictures. They were the best guests, it was almost like the grandparents were here because the kids were entertained and house cleaned. You guys are welcome back anytime.

This is at the City Hall Observation Tower. Buffalo is an old city and many things are run down, this tower being one of them. We were the only ones in the tower. My favorite comment from Katy "Kristie, it looks like you are the only one in Buffalo who knows about this tower."

Here we are hanging out by one of the statues down town. That is me on the left. Monday morning Corinne was nice enough to give me a new hairstyle. She cut off 6 inches, thanks Say you are wonderful. The past 2 mornings when I got Parker from his crib he looks at me and says "mom, hair" It is to funny, I think he keeps wondering where my hair went.
5 comments:
Looks like you had fun! Cute hair too!
I la-la-love your hair!!! I think you need to post a close-up. It it easier to manage? I find I am wearing lots of ponytails these days.
Now, when you said you felt "so bad for the kid", were you referring to Parker or the goat?
how fun! I want all my friends to come visit! AND your hair looks really cute!
Looks like I need to have everyone to come and stay at my house....it needs to be cleaned! ha! I am sorry I missed it but I am super glad you had FUN! hopefully I will get to see you this summer! ps i like your hair alot(say like jim carrey)
Post a Comment