Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Great News

A speech therapist evaluated Parker yesterday and said that he qualifies for the Early Intervention Program. This program sounds amazing, it will provide Parker with at home speech therapy twice a week, and a hearing test. Our insurance for some reason won't even help pay one penny for a hearing test, so I have just been waiting to see if he qualifies for this program. One of the reasons I think this program is so amazing is they will cover every expense the insurance won't cover, so now we can get the hearing test and see if he needs tubes in his ears. I have never participated in a program offered by the state until I moved to New York, and am so grateful that there are programs like this that out there. A post isn't as fun unless there is at least one picture to look at, so here you go:
Kenzie loves to smile and laugh.
Here is Parker doing one of his favorite things: eating.
One more of Kenzie, I just love how cute she looks with her bow.

5 comments:

Annamarie said...

Kenzie's bow is so adorable. I have seen these bows everywhere so I am glad that Kenzie has one. You better get that girl out here fast or she will be 16 before I get to see her. She is growing way to fast. Love ya!

Dick&Erica said...

Your kids are so cute. I love Kenzi's smile! Isn't it great to qualify for all these state programs? I guess being poor dental students has some advantages!

Rachel and Tyler said...

We did the same program for Spencer and the people have been so great.

abbyjane said...

hi. i didn't read your post, just wanted to say hi. just kiddin'.

thankgoodness for democrats, eh?

April said...

I've heard great things about the EI program, I'm glad you were able to qualify. Kenzie is so adorable, what a cute smile! Where do you get her bows?