Saturday, November 24, 2007

Friendship bread

So I went to playgroup and the girl hosting it gave everyone a starter kit to make Friendship bread. This is a bread that can only be started by the Amish, so it is real special. Here are the rules, you take the bag and each day (for 10 days) you have to do what the directions say for the day.

So for example day 1 all I had to do was mash the batter mix. It isn't to high maintenance, you just can't forget to do the direction for each day. Today was day 10, time to make the bread. I started at 2:30 and I just barely took the last loaf out of the oven at 9:10. The bread is good, but I am not so sure it should be called friendship bread. Do you really give your friends something that has to be done daily, then takes 6 hours to make? I am going to have to do some re-evaluating to see if my friend is really a friend or if she is out to get me:)

No comments: