Thursday, January 20, 2011

Parker

Being a parent is like an emotional roller coaster ride.

2 weeks ago Parker made me so proud, by standing in front of all the kids at church and repeating the 1st & 2nd Article of Faith. It took him 1 year to get up the courage to do this. When he was finished I was in shock, I couldn't have been more proud. I wanted to scream and hug him forever, what a huge fear he overcame.

Stop reading here if you want the happy ending of parenting, to know how my life is, please continue to read.

Unfortunately not all days are as rewarding as the day Parker talked into the microphone at church. Parker is so amazingly stubborn I don't know what to do with him sometimes. Recently we experienced a 2 day streak where Parker would not do one thing I asked him, no threat or punishment was bad enough for him to give in.

We currently have a sticker chart for Parker. Parker earns a sticker every day he gets on the bus with no fight (due to the day he wasn't allowed to ride the bus because he refused to put on his seat belt).

Parker you are a joy I love you with all my heart. Let it be known that you are emotionally draining some days. May you have at least 1 child just like you. Here is proof you promised to listen to me and dad. I have a feeling you will be writing this many more times, but hope I am wrong:

As I type this post I am laughing a little because Parker is currently furious and yelling because he doesn't want to go to bed. It took Anthony 1 hour to finally win the battle and Parker is finally sleeping.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

you are a riot kristie!!! I miss your guts!!! I feel like cadence is so much like parker!

Erica said...

I love that you made him write standards!!!! You are awesome. I can't believe he gave the articles of faith in primary! Good job for that! And good luck with the stubbornness. If it makes you feel any better, Ella told me this morning that she doesn't like Ruby and she wants a different family. They know just how to cut right to the heart, don't they? It's a good thing our kids are so darn cute.

Rachel said...

Ha! I love these stories! Maybe it's not so bad that I don't have kids yet... :)JK!

Debbie Robinson said...

: )

Betzy said...

Kristie this is too funny! I have secretly admired your family especially Parker thinking this is exactly what I'd like my little boy to be like...obedient, so darn handsome, so well tempered...I guess boys or girls they all have their days LOL! :-D. I still admire you guys and can see also what a great job you guys do with your kids! Keep up the good work and keep up the patience..we all need it don't we!

Mike, Kalie, Jason, Lexie and Colden said...

so glad to hear JAson isn't the only one who can be draining sometimes!

Troy and Amanda said...

Sadly enough I really like hearing stories about how long it takes you to get your kids to bed etc. Someday's I think I might just throw in the towell with Talon and then he hugs or smiles at me and it is all better. Good to know that more kids out there are little shits sometimes just like mine. I love the stories. Thanks for sharing.