Anthony and I just had the best vacation ever. Thanks to some friends we got to go to NYC and leave the kids behind. We were in NYC for 2 days and we got to see and experience everything we could have ever imagined from the Statue of Liberty to buying a purse in China Town out of the back of a van(I have to admit this experience was a little scary Anthony and I actually feared for our lives during this little escapade). Here we are on a ferry seeing the Statue of Liberty "the way the immigrants saw her."

We saw
Regis & Kelly Live and I loved every second of it. I think I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time, it was so much fun.
Regis and Kelly are so funny and so nice, at each commercial they came and talked to the audience. Anthony and I were sitting so close that they actually talked to us personally twice, I tell you I was in heaven.

Anthony couldn't go to NYC and not see the New York Stock Exchange and the bull.

Here is Lady Liberty up close and personal.

We saw everything we wanted:
Regis & Kelly, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Trump Tower, Statue of Liberty, Time Square, Central Park, Where John Lennon was shot, the Museum where they filmed "Night at the Museum", NYSE, and many more famous things. I also think we experienced everything we wanted to: we bought meals from street vender's, sat in the subway and heard people ask for every ones attention then do something or tell a sob story and ask everyone for money, get a "name brand" purse for me and watch for Anthony for a killer deal (it was fun but as I said before this experience also made us fear for our lives) , and just soak in the whole NYC experience.
We had a blast together, and it was so fun to go pick up the kids and get to spend the day as a
family again. Thanks Burke for providing the lovely place to stay, it was so fun to see and spend time with you and Adam. We would love to return the favor any time.
8 comments:
My favorite quote of the weekend: "people here are so nice!" I will be laughing at that one for weeks!! :O)
FUN!! I am so happy that you guys got a little get a way before your family gets a little bigger. Cool trip.
Wow, Regis and Kelly! I need to hear more... Glad you had fun.
Oh how fun!!! I'm jealous of the Regis and Kelly show. That would be fun!!!!
It sounds like my NYC experience except we saw the Yankee's instead of Regis and Kelly. We had a simular experience with the purse. It can be a little scarey but so worth it. How fun. I wish I could go back right now. I LOVE NEW YORK!!!
I am so glad you had so much fun in NYC!!! It looks like you had enjoyed having no kids! We will miss you in Utah, Ciella will be sad Parker and Kenzie are gone!
Looks like such a fun trip! I want to go there with Bron some time. I hope we can go this summer! Nice that you got to go kidless!
WOW! Sounds like you had so much fun and got the most out of the city!! I love Regis & Kelly! So jealous of you!!
Post a Comment