Friday, March 28, 2008

Parker's weigh in

I took Parker to the doctor for his 2 year appointment. He weighs almost 32 lbs and is 37 inches tall. He is a big 2 year old. I also got some good/bad news from the doctor. I told her I was concerned with Parker's speech, he only says the beginning of words, and isn't very clear.

Because Parker gets occasional ear infections and had one at the visit, we were referred to an ear specialist. Parker has a lot of scar tissue in his ears that is caused from constant fluid. The specialist thinks Parker has about a 20% hearing loss due to the fluid, so he will probably have to get tubes which should fix the problem.

What a relief, I thought he couldn't talk because I haven't been reading to him for 10 minutes a day since he was a baby(I was told I should be doing this, and have never been good at it). We still have to do more tests, so I still might be the problem Hopefully the problem is the fluid and it can be fixed easily.

Parker also always has a tear running down his right cheek, because his eye isn't draining properly. We were told it should have fixed itself by now, so he will probably have to have surgery to fix that also. I can't decide if Parker wants if fixed or not, it is a chick magnet. All the girls always feel sorry for him when they see it. He is going to miss the attention.

3 comments:

April said...

Poor Parker! If he does end up getting the eye surgery then he can tell the girls all about his surgery to get sympathy!

Susie said...

Parker is a super cute kid- bummer about his little ears and his eye. I am sure everything will work out just fine!

Angie said...

Ben just had his 4 yr check up. Parker is 2 inches shorter, but weight the exact same as Parker at 2 yrs. I swear, I do feed my kid, he just doesn't grow!