3 Weeks ago I survived a bird attack. The bird never actually touched me it just flew at me while I was doing the laundry and scared me to death. The bird was never seen or heard by anyone else, just me and I was starting to wonder if I was crazy. How come I was the only one who ever heard it?
Thursday that bird got caught in our heating vent. I had to listen the bird scratch and chirp all day but finally my husband came home from school to save me. The chase:
Here is Anthony trying to catch it in a sheet. The bird is on top of my fridge, it is the black thing just to the left of Anthony's head.
My hero, after chasing it around the house for a couple minutes Anthony caught it in his hands.
My favorite part of the whole thing was Parkers reaction. I took the kids and ran like a chicken into Parkers room and shut the door. Parker asked me to get him a blanket, I gave him a blanket then he went back out in the house to help dad(he saw dad running around with the sheet, so he grabbed a blanket and tried to help).
7 comments:
hahaha you have a fun life! I swear you always have some good story. I love it! When I was reading your blog and all the interesting things that happen in a week for you...I actually think I understood for a moment why it's so good to keep a journal. I love reading what you have to say! Oh, and.... mabye I should get you a bird for your borthday or soemthing?!
Parker is hilarious! I can't believe how brave he is. If I screamed and was hiding in another room, Addie would totally be hanging on my leg and would want nothing to do with leaving the room!!
I'm glad you got the bird --- good job Anthony! I am just getting caught up on your blog and can't believe how daring you are start the potty training already. Honestly, it is easier to wait until they are older and WANT to go potty. I stopped the potty training thing at 20 months and at 26 months Allison came to me. It was so easy then.
What did Anthony think about Parker and the bow? What are you going to do when he wants his fingernails painted pink?
Good job on the veggies --- keep at it. Veggies are great!
You are so funny!! How does a bird get stuck in your house?! I'd be freaking out too!!
Will you be sure to show me what "running like a chicken" looks like next time I see you? I'm sure that technique will be very helpful next time a bird gets stuck in MY house.
P.S. You know you just planted that poor little innocent bird in your heating vent so Anthony would stop thinking you were insane. Its okay, my friend, I've been there and I can tell you from experience that sometimes its just easier to give in and listen to the voices (or chirping) inside your head and do what they tell you. There is no reason to resort to such elaborate schemes to trying to prove the impossible--that you are of sound mind--we all know it isn't so. Sorry. At least we still love you, right?
So cute I love that the little boys want to be just like their dads! Did Anthony tell you the story when we had a bird in the fireplace(I think) at the Taylorsville house?
What a sweet little hero Parker is. And Anthony did a good job too! In situations like this, I always take the cowering-under-a-blanket assignment. The baby can come in too, as long as she doesn't make too much noise and attract the attention of the vermin.
I'm glad everyone is sane and pest free now!
Post a Comment