Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter is such a fun holiday because you get to celebrate twice. Sunday we focus on Christ, the atonement the resurrection and celebrate that Christ lives. How wonderful is it that Christ was willing to give up his life so that me (who is far from perfect) and everyone else can become perfect and return to live with Heavenly Father. Then there is the Easter bunny. I don't actually understand how Easter can mean Easter bunny and resurrection, but I am always ready for a party.
My sister and her family came out to celebrate with us. Here is Parker and his cousin Ben coloring eggs. I didn't want them to color their clothes, so we chose to do this activity shirtless. Don't worry the adults wore shirts, the rule only applied to those 4 and under.
Look how happy McKenzie was to see one of the couch cushions dedicated to her from the Easter Bunny.
This picture of Parker is perfect. Parker used to be nothing but smiles, but since Kenzie has been around he has become the strong silent type and this is now his normal smile.
My sister and her son Ben at an easter egg hunt.
My brother-in-law and cute daughter Maddie.
A local church threw a killer easter egg hunt. The kids all had a blast.

3 comments:

April said...

Parker looks so grown up with that tie! You have such a cute family!!

Susie said...

That is great that you were able to spend Easter with your sister! Angie's little boy is sooo big now and I have never seen her girl- she has got a cute little family!

Angie said...

Can you email me some pictures of the boys dying easter eggs? I love that they did it topless.