Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Angel

I am pretty sure God sent an Angel to make sure no one in my family died this week.

3 things out of the ordinary all happened at the same time and should have caused a fire in my house:

#1 Parker threw his shirt in his light, and left it there not bothering to ask for help getting it down
#2 Parker's light was kept on all night
#3 our fire alarm wasn't plugged in

I woke up the next morning smelling something horrible in Parker's room. When I took the shirt out of the light, it was covered with holes. The light bulb had burnt holes that went all the way through the shirt. I am still amazed my house didn't burn to the ground that night.


The second incident happened today. I got out of my car to get a free stroller sitting on the side of the road. I left the kids seat belted in the car and walked across the street to get the stroller. As I folded the stroller down I looked across the street to see McKenzie out of my car ready to run across the street. At the same exact time a car flew down the street almost killing her. I don't know if it was my scream that stopped Kenzie mid step or an angel pushing her back, but I know McKenzie almost died today. That car never even saw her and didn't even slow down. I can't believe my daughter almost died because of my stupid choice to get a free stroller.

It is scary how quickly life can change.

No comments: