Sunday, August 29, 2010

We love it when it is warm

This weekend we got to do lots of fun things as a family. Friday we took a tour of Buffalo by boat. Buffalo is beautiful when it is warm. I wish I could go back in time and see Buffalo in its prime, this city used to be a happening place. On the tour we got to go through a locke, see a bridge rise up so we could pass, see a bridge rotate 90 degrees, see one of the first hotels in the U.S. to have a bathroom in every room, and a revolutionary grain storage system.
It was 2 hours long so unfortunately the kids didn't have these smiles the whole trip.
Before the tour

2 comments:

Retro Plants said...

don't you just imagine Buffalo used to be gorgeous and thriving?
no ghetto.
no run down shacks.

i like to think of it that way!

what a fun family thing to do. . . you guys are all so cute!
those kids of yours!
wow.

RaCHeL said...

How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I too think of how great Buffalo once was. :) I sure miss seeing you every day.