Saturday, February 27, 2010

Love the honesty


Parker is too honest sometimes:

Dad: "Parker you need to put that toy away and get in bed"
Parker: "okay dad, I am just going to put this toy away and get in bed, then when you leave I am going to get out of my bed and play with it again"

Mom: "You didn't eat dinner so you don't get a snack while you are at the YMCA tonight"
Parker: "I am just going to wait until you leave then I am going to ask the lady if I can have a snack"

Parker says this as he touches my belly: "Mom why is your belly big like when you had Kaitlynn in your belly? Do you have another baby in your belly"

This comment was said just a couple days ago, don't worry I am okay with it. I like to think my belly shows character it is proof to me that I am a mother of 3 and have a love for chocolate chip cookie dough.

4 comments:

Sean & Kendra said...

hahaha!! Lucas once sat in timeout for 20 minutes when he was 2 because I kept asking him if he was going to go in his aunt's garden and dig up the flowers. He kept saying yes. So he had to keep sitting. His great gramma kept telling him to just say no. But he was honest!!

Stephanie Evans said...

Kristie, I don't know why I haven't added your blog to my list yet! It is soooo entertaining! I loved this post. Kids just don't have filters yet :) My younger sister once grabbed my mom's stomach and asked why she was so squishy. And for the record, you DON'T look like you've had three kids. You look awesome.

abbyjane said...

ya max just leaves out the last part (the naughty part) and thinks it in his head. then when i bust him playing with the toy (or eating the snack) he's not supposed to have, he says, "mom! how did you know???"

Juli said...

Kristie,
Someone posted a picture of Cindy Crawford in a bikini the other day. She has 2 kids and the belly to prove it. Even the very best of us get the "mommy tummy." But you have no butt, so you don't get to be in the club. :-)

Love, Juli