Saturday, February 2, 2008

54 degrees


The other day we had a horrible wind storm. When the news anchors announced their was a wind storm warning in affect, I just kind of laughed. I thought to myself, what is a little wind going to do? Apparently if the wind is blowing more than 60 mph, it can actually cause a lot of trouble.

We ended up with no power so me and the kids bundled up and stayed inside. Throughout the day I got more and more nervous as the temperature in the house slowly continued to drop. I just kept on putting more layers on to keep the kids warm.

The house got down to 54 degrees then at 3:30 the electricity was finally on again. I just had to post this picture of Parker because it cracks me up. He looks like he weighs about 80lbs. The best part was when the heat was back on Parker wouldn't let me take off all his layers. So he continued to wear 5 layers of clothes and snow boots for the rest of the night.

3 comments:

Susie said...

parker is a cutie! That must have been a stressful day for you....54 is pretty darn cold for a home.

Annamarie said...

His nose looks a little cold! That is crazy! Was Anthony able to drive to school and such?

April said...

Brrrrrr!!! It was in the 70s down here today. Want to come visit?