Sunday, September 15, 2013

The things they say

Some days my kids drive me crazy with all the comments, questions and complaints they have.  Some days they make me laugh.  Here are a couple conversations I have enjoyed recently:

Kate:  As she is jumping on the sidewalk trying not to step on a crack.  She sang: "If you step on a crack, then you'll break your mama's back."
Me:  "Kate, step on a crack and see what happens."
Kate:  Gives me a look of total disbelief.  "No, I don't want to break your back."
(Kate is my rule breaker.  Usually she would jump at the chance to break something.  I guess she really does love me if she won't "break my back" even if I tell her she can!)

Parker:  "I wish I was invisible."
Me:  "What would you do if you were?"
Parker:  "Well, first of all, I would never have to go to school because you could never find me and tell me it's time to leave."

Kenzie gave me a handmade card and said: "It says Happy Mother's Day.  I hope you have a good day. You are as pretty as a flower."

I love that when you are 5 you can make any day you want Mother's Day.

No comments: