Friday, December 12, 2008

An Amazing Friend

McKenzie is turning one this week and I have no party planned, and no invites handed out, all we were going to do was a little family celebration. Lucky for McKenzie her mom is friends with Melanie(one of the most amazing selfless people in Buffalo), and Melanie, being the wonderful person she is, planned a party for McKenzie and her friend Perry who is just a couple days older.

We started out by making gingerbread houses for the kids. Here are Parker and McKenzie enjoying their house:

Then we sang to the girls and everyone got a cupcake. Here is Kenzie getting a little impatient because Perry wanted to wear her birthday suit.
I love this look she is so confused about what is happening.
Still a little confused about what is going on, she decides to go for it. The 2 birthday girls.
Just a little frosting on the lips was all she wanted to do to celebrate turning one. We will see if on her real birthday she decides to get a little more messy.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I am so glad we celebrated! YOU are a good friend!!! Not me...

Troy and Amanda said...

I love this. She is so cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENZIE!!!

Alexis said...

How cute!! She is such a cutie, anyway, I love the frosting on the lips the best! I can't believe she is already one. This year has flown by for me! It is great to see some pics, thanks for sharing.

April said...

Awwww! Happy birthday, Kenzie!!

Storms, Rainbows and Sunshine said...

Sounds like fun! What a wonderful friend. I just noticed that Kenzie has a lot of hair! It is so cute.